Explorer 297

Explorer Map 297 – Lower Wharfedale & Washburn Valley

Genealogy

My research into the various branches of my family tree

Geocaching

Stories from my Geocaching adventures

WASH

Weekends Away in Sunny Hunstanton

Wharfedale Plus

The adventures of the Waffle-Ale group

Home » Blog

WordPress Update or Something I Did ? – Resolved

Submitted by on Friday, 30 July 2010No Comment
WordPress Update or Something I Did ? – Resolved

A couple of weeks ago I asked in a headline post

I recently updated to WordPress three point something… and lost the titles from my sidebar.

Are these related ? or have I done something else wrong ?

The answer is that they are related. It seems that there was a loophole in WordPress that the theme I use was exploiting to generate the category title on the main page by using a php function that “can” only be used in a category archive page.
Wordpress 3.0 changed code so the function no longer will work on anything but a category archive page…. but after a few hours of searching aroud the WordPress codex forum pages I found a workaround to display the category titles as they used to be – hoorah !

Leave your response!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.